It is important to maintain your water heater to keep it running efficiently.
Sediment, minerals, and dirt can build up in the bottom of your hot water tank over time, and potentially cause your water heater to need repair or be replaced before its time.
Ongoing maintenance will take care of built-up sediment and help extend the life of your water heater. However, if you choose not to keep your water heater properly maintained then it’s at risk for the following:
- Shortage of usable hot water
- Heating and efficiency will suffer
- The overall lifespan of your water heater will be shortened and could potentially result in a complete failure
Our professional plumbers here at Michael’s Plumbing can inspect your water heater and take steps to help keep it running smoothly and avoid unexpected issues down the road.
Our plumbers will come in and perform the following steps to ensure your water heater is functioning to its full capability:
- Turn off your water heater
- Turn off gas or electricity to the water heater
- Shut off the cold water supply to the water heater
- Turn on hot water from a nearby faucet
- Open the pressure relief valve
- Hook up the hose to the water heater
- Drain the water heater tank
- Flush the tank
- Close the water heater tank drain valve
- Close the pressure relief valve
- Fill the water heater tank back up
- Power up the water heater
We want to help take the hassle out of maintaining your water heater so give us a call today for professional water heater repair, maintenance or replacement.